How to get more gold with unidentified gear in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
In Guild Wars 2, unidentified gear presents an opportunity for players to obtain valuable items and increase their wealth. This guide aims to provide you with strategies and tips to maximize your gold earnings from unidentified gear. Whether you're a new player or a seasoned veteran, understanding the intricacies of dealing with unidentified gear can greatly boost your financial gains.
- What is Unidentified Gear?
- Types of Unidentified Gear
- How to Making Gold from Unidentified Gear?
- How to make gold salvaging Unidentified gear?
- How to handle the upgrades on gear using an upgrade extractor?
- What to do after extracting upgrades from Masterwork, Rare, and Exotic?
- The Major Requirements for Processing Unidentified Gear
- Recapping Everything
↖ What is Unidentified Gear?
Unidentified gear was introduced in the Path of Fire expansion. They are drops designed to save inventory space for players by condensing generic gear drops. The colour of the gear represents its rarity. Here's a breakdown of the colour rarities:
- White (Basic)
- Blue (Common)
- Green (Masterwork)
- Yellow (Rare)
- Orange (Exotic)
- Pink (Ascended)
- Purple (Legendary)
It's important to note that unidentified gear does not drop ascended or legendary gear, but there is a small chance to obtain Generation 1 precursors, which are used to craft specific Generation 1 legendary weapons.
↖ Types of Unidentified Gear
There are three types of unidentified gear: blue, green, and yellow. Each type represents the likelihood of obtaining a specific rarity when opened.
- Blue Unidentified Gear (Common): This gear mostly drops common items with a chance at masterwork gear. There is a very low chance of obtaining rare or exotic gear from unidentified blue gear.
- Green Unidentified Gear (Masterwork): This gear mostly drops masterwork gear with a slightly better chance at rares and a low chance for exotics. When opening the unidentified green gear, you will not get common (blue) drops.
- Yellow Unidentified Gear (Rare): This gear primarily drops rare items with a chance at exotics. Opening unidentified yellow gear will not yield green or common drops.
↖ How to Making Gold from Unidentified Gear?
Now that you understand the different types of unidentified gear let's explore what you can do with these items to maximize your gold income. Here are some strategies:
One option is to salvage the unidentified gear. Salvaging will break down the item into crafting materials that can be sold on the trading post for gw2 gold. However, it's important to evaluate the current market prices of the materials to ensure it's profitable.
Opening and Selling:
Another approach is to open the unidentified gear and sell the obtained items directly on the trading post. This method requires you to assess the market value of the gear you receive and determine if it's more profitable to sell them as-is.
Identifying and Crafting:
If you're looking for a chance at higher-value items, you can identify the gear and craft them into higher-tier items. This method requires more knowledge of the game's crafting system and the ability to assess the market demand for the crafted items.
Collections and Achievements:
Certain collections or achievements in Guild Wars 2 require specific gear pieces. If you come across gear that is part of such collections, it may be more profitable to sell them directly to players who need them for completion.
After extracting upgrades or salvaging, you can refine the materials into higher tiers, combine them for crafting recipes, or sell them as-is based on market conditions.
- This method requires significant inventory space and dedicated storage characters.
- Tracking market prices and managing materials is essential for profitability.
- The salvaging and extracting process can be time-consuming and requires a macro that adheres to ArenaNet's Terms of Service.
- A substantial amount of gold is needed to sustain the process effectively.
↖ How to make gold salvaging Unidentified gear?
Here's a guide on how to make gold by salvaging unidentified gear in various tiers:
Common (White) Unidentified Gear:
Common unidentified gear, such as white weapons and armour, does not have any upgrades like runes or sigils attached to them. Salvaging these items is quite straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Obtain a salvage kit: You can use a basic salvage kit like the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic or any other salvage kit you have.
- Right-click on the unidentified gear in your inventory and select "Salvage."
- Confirm the salvage action and the gear will be destroyed, yielding materials.
Fine (Blue) Unidentified Gear:
Fine unidentified gear, represented by blue-coloured weapons and armour, may have upgrades attached to them, such as runes or sigils. Before salvaging these items, you need to remove the upgrades to maximize your profits. Here's what you should do:
- Obtain an upgrade extractor: Upgrade extractors are tools used to remove upgrades from gear without destroying them. You can purchase them from the trading post or obtain them through various in-game methods.
- Right-click on the unidentified gear and select "Extract Upgrades".
- Confirm the extraction and the upgrade will be removed, leaving you with the gear and the extracted upgrade as separate items.
- Now you can salvage the gear using a salvage kit as mentioned in the previous step for common gear. This will yield materials.
Masterwork (Green) or Higher Unidentified Gear:
Masterwork, Rare, Exotic, or Ascended unidentified gear (a green or higher rarity) can have more valuable upgrades attached to them, and you'll want to salvage them separately to maximize your profits. Here's what you should do:
- If the gear has valuable upgrades attached, follow the steps mentioned earlier to extract the upgrades using an upgrade extractor.
- Once you have extracted the upgrades, you can sell them separately on the trading post for potential profit.
- After removing the upgrades, you can salvage the gear itself using a salvage kit. Again, use a salvage kit appropriate for the gear's rarity (such as Master's Salvage Kit for Masterwork gear) to increase your chances of obtaining rare materials.
Remember, salvaging unidentified gear is not a guaranteed method to make gold, as the value of the materials obtained can vary. It's always a good idea to check the current market prices for materials and upgrades to determine if salvaging or selling the items directly would be more profitable.
↖ How to handle the upgrades on gear using an upgrade extractor?
Upgrading your gear is an essential part of progressing in many games, and Guild Wars 2 is no exception. However, when it comes to replacing or salvaging items with valuable upgrades, you might be throwing away your hard-earned money. Thankfully, there's a solution: the Upgrade Extractor.
Understanding the Upgrade Extractor:
The Upgrade Extractor is an item that allows you to safely remove upgrades from your gear without destroying them. It is available in two forms: a one-time use version, which you can buy from the Gem Store, and a permanent version that can be obtained through different means.
Obtaining the Permanent Upgrade Extractor:
- Random Drop from Black Lion Chests: The permanent Upgrade Extractor can be obtained as a random drop from Black Lion Chests. However, there may be more reliable and cost-effective approaches than relying on luck for this method.
- Trading Post: An alternative method is to purchase the permanent Upgrade Extractor from the Trading Post. Keep in mind that the price of the permanent Upgrade Extractor on the Trading Post can be quite high, often around 2000 gold. Consider this as a long-term investment that will pay off over time.
Extracting Upgrades from Gear:
Once you have a permanent Upgrade Extractor, you can start removing upgrades from your gear. The extractor allows you to remove upgrades from green (fine), yellow (masterwork), and orange (rare) gear. Here's how to do it:
- Right-click on the permanent Upgrade Extractor in your inventory.
- Select the gear item that you want to extract the upgrade from.
- Confirm the extraction. The upgrade will be removed and placed into your inventory.
Handling Gear After Extracting Upgrades:
After extracting the upgrades from your gear, you have several options for what to do with the now upgrade-less items:
- Salvage for Materials: If the gear items have no further use, you can salvage them using a salvage kit to obtain valuable crafting materials.
- Sell on the Trading Post: If the gear still has some value, you can list it on the Trading Post for other players to purchase.
- Donate or Delete: If the gear has no value and cannot be salvaged, you can consider donating it to other players or delete it to free up inventory space.
↖ What to do after extracting upgrades from Masterwork, Rare, and Exotic?
After extracting upgrades from Masterwork, Rare, and Exotic gear, here are some recommended steps to follow:
Green Gear (Masterwork):
- If you have an upgrade extractor, use it to remove the upgrade from the gear.
- If you don't have an upgrade extractor, salvage the gear using a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic kit, as it has a high chance of salvaging the upgrade along with the gear. This kit costs 30 copper per salvage.
Yellow Gear (Rare):
- Once you have extracted the upgrades, salvage the gear using a Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic kit. This kit costs 60 copper per salvage and provides materials as well as globs of ectoplasm.
- Alternatively, you can put the Exotic gear into the Mystic Forge for a chance at obtaining precursors.
- Another option is to salvage the gear to obtain materials or sell the superior runes or sigils obtained from the gear.
Orange Gear (Exotic):
- Similar to yellow gear, you can extract the upgrades and put the Exotic gear into the Mystic Forge for a chance at precursors.
- Alternatively, you can salvage the gear to obtain materials or sell the superior runes or sigils obtained from the gear.
- If the Exotic gear is popular due to current game builds, you can combine the items and craft something valuable.
- Another option is to sell the Exotic gear as it is, along with its upgrade. Note that once you extract the upgrade, you won't be able to sell the gear anymore, only the upgrade itself.
Now, what do you do with the materials obtained from salvaging? You have several options:
Refine the materials:
- Refine the materials into higher tiers to increase their value.
Combine materials for crafting:
- Combine the materials into recipes used for crafting other items that you can sell.
Sell basic materials:
- Sometimes, the basic materials themselves have value, and you can sell them as they are.
Deal with the upgrades:
- Determine if the upgrades can be combined for recipes or used for crafting purposes.
- You can salvage them, vendor, them, or throw them into the Mystic Forge.
When deciding what to do with the materials and upgrades, consider the current market conditions and profitability. Keep an eye on prices for unidentified gear, materials, and any changes in the game that may affect the value of these items. Adapt your decision-making based on market trends to maximize your profits.
↖ The Major Requirements for Processing Unidentified Gear
Processing unidentified gear can be a lucrative endeavour if done properly. However, it requires careful planning and organization to maximize your profits and minimize time wastage. Here are some key steps and considerations to ensure a smooth and profitable process:
- Prepare Sufficient Storage: Before starting, ensure you have ample space to store the unidentified gear and the resulting items. Clear at least eight to ten bank tabs and dedicate a character with 320 bag slots. Additionally, designate storage characters specifically for holding the processed items.
- Efficiency is Key: To make the endeavour worthwhile, you'll need to process a substantial number of bags per hour. Aim to process a minimum of 10,000 bags in an hour, which equates to roughly 40 stacks. Having a large volume is crucial for profitability.
- Streamline the Process: Extracting upgrades individually and then salvaging them can be time-consuming. Consider setting up a macro to automate certain steps and expedite the process. However, it's important to adhere to ArenaNet's terms of service and ensure that any automation you employ is within the allowed boundaries. Carefully review their guidelines before implementing any macros.
- Financial Considerations: Processing unidentified gear requires a significant investment of gold. Make sure you have sufficient funds to sustain the operation. Keep in mind that prices for processed items can fluctuate daily, so it's crucial to track the market closely to identify profitable opportunities.
- Track Everything: Maintaining a comprehensive spreadsheet will help you monitor the market trends, track the prices of the units you purchase, and determine which items to sell, salvage, or vendor. This information is vital for making informed decisions and maximizing your profits. Continuously update your spreadsheet to stay up-to-date with changing prices.
- Time vs. Profit Analysis: Consider the value of your time when engaging in this activity. Even if you're not processing thousands of stacks per hour and only working with a few stacks, evaluate the earnings against the time spent. If the returns are marginal, it may be more worthwhile to engage in open-world or instanced content that offers a comparable or better reward without the added complexity.
↖ Recapping Everything
Here's a summary of the steps involved in dealing with unidentified gear:
- Step 1: Open the unit or sell it.
- Step 2: Salvage the gear with the rune crafters, a copper-fed salvage-o-matic, or an extractor in your inventory.
- Step 3: If you choose to extract it, compare the value of salvaging with rune crafters versus using a copper-fed salvage-o-matic vendor, or explore other options.
- Step 4: Salvage rares with a silver-fed salvage-o-matic or extract them.
- Step 5: If you extract it, salvage the wood. Otherwise, use a silver-fed salvage-o-matic vendor, or consider other options.
- Step 6: Sell basic materials as they are, refine them, or utilize them for crafting other items.
- Step 7: Sell the runes, sigils, symbols, and charms. For charms, salvage upgrades to obtain symbols. Before doing this, check the prices to make an informed decision. Mystic modes and aspects can also be considered here.
- Step 8: Salvage, sell, extract, or forge exotics as per your preference.
- Step 9: If you extract or forge exotics, repeat the process until none are left.
That wraps up this guide. If you found it helpful, please show your support by liking and commenting. We appreciate your feedback and welcome any questions or input you may have.
Most Popular Posts
- Guild Wars 2 Open World PvE Builds: Ranking & Tier List For 2023
- Guild Wars 2: Top 4 Best Maps To Farm Gold in 2023
- How to get more gold with unidentified gear in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
- How to Farm Gold Weekly with Imperial Favors | Guild Wars 2?
- Guild Wars 2 Secrets of the Obscure Update and Features: New Weapons, Runes and Relics, Weaponmaster Training
- How to level up to 80 super fast in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (642)
- Diablo IV / (596)
- Runescape / (288)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- WOW Classic / (70)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)
- Albion / (16)