WotLK Classic Phase 4: How To Obtain The Best Gear Efficiently?
Welcome to the ultimate Phase 4 gearing guide for Icecrown Citadel in Wrath of the Lich King! As this iconic raid marks the culmination of this expansion, it's essential to understand how to obtain the best gear efficiently. In this guide, we'll unravel the intricacies of gearing up your character, acquiring coveted Tier sets, and maximizing your power. With a step-by-step breakdown of the process and tips on emblem farming, raid difficulties, and more, you'll be well-equipped to conquer the challenges that await within Icecrown Citadel.
- Preparing Before the Raid
- Acquiring Tier Gear
- Marks for Tier Gear Upgrades
- Other Uses for Emblems of Frost
- Weekly Emblems of Frost Income
- Raid Difficulty and Gear Rewards
↖ Preparing Before the Raid
Before the Icecrown Citadel raid opens, take advantage of the patch's early launch to catch up on essential gear from previous phases. Here's how:
- Titan Rune Dungeons: Utilize the new Titan Rune gamma dungeons, especially the Heroic Plus versions, to acquire gear. Queue up for the Random Dungeon Finder, which will ignore lockouts, allowing you to farm gear, including coveted trinkets like Comet's Trail and Death's Choice Flask.
- Primordial Saronite: These dungeons also drop Primordial Saronite, which can be sold for a substantial amount of gold during the early days of the patch.
- Vault of Archavon: Wait until after the raid's launch to defeat the boss in Vault of Archavon, as this will drop Tier pieces for your class. These Tier pieces come from the 25-man difficulty, saving you valuable Emblems of Frost.
↖ Acquiring Tier Gear
Emblems of Frost are the key to obtaining and upgrading Tier gear in Icecrown Citadel. Here's how to efficiently acquire them:
- Emblems of Frost: Each piece of Tier 10 gear costs either 95 Emblems of Frost or 60 Emblems if you're obtaining shoulders or gloves. To save Emblems, prioritize obtaining Tier gear from the Vault of Archavon.
- Upgrading Tier Gear: Unlike in the past, where you could instantly get the highest Tier gear, you now need to upgrade it step by step. Start with an item level of 251, then upgrade to 264, and finally to the best-in-slot 277. Upgrading requires turning in your old gear.
- Total Emblems Needed: If you don't receive any Tier gear drops from Vault of Archavon, you'll need 405 Emblems to complete your Tier 10 set. Keep in mind you also need the appropriate marks to upgrade your gear.
↖ Marks for Tier Gear Upgrades
To upgrade your Tier gear, you'll need specific marks. Here's where to find them:
- 264 Marks: You can obtain these marks from any end-wing boss in 10-man heroic or 25-man normal difficulty, such as Saurfang, Blood Queen Lana'thel, and others.
- 277 Marks: In heroic mode, you'll receive two 264 marks and one 277 mark per boss. Heroic Lich King drops 277 gear.
- Time Investment: It will take you several weeks to collect enough marks to upgrade your Tier gear fully. Plan your raid progression accordingly.
↖ Other Uses for Emblems of Frost
Apart from Tier gear, you can spend Emblems of Frost on various items within Icecrown Citadel. These include trinkets, relics, off-hands, cloaks, belts, chest pieces, and PvP gear. Some of these items might be your best-in-slot gear, so consider using your Emblems wisely.
↖ Weekly Emblems of Frost Income
To maximize your weekly Emblem of Frost earnings, follow these methods:
- Heroic Daily: You can earn up to 35 Emblems of Frost per week by completing the new heroic daily quests.
- Weekly Raid Quest: Completing the weekly raid quest, which requires defeating bosses in Vault of Archavon on both 10 and 25-man difficulties, rewards you with 10 Emblems of Frost.
- Boss Drops: Each boss in Icecrown Citadel drops two Emblems of Frost. With 12 bosses in the raid, you can earn 24 Emblems from raid drops per week.
- Weekly Quest: An additional 10 Emblems of Frost can be obtained by completing the weekly quest available for both 10-man and 25-man difficulties.
↖ Raid Difficulty and Gear Rewards
The choice of raid difficulty significantly impacts the gear you receive:
- Normal 10-Man: You'll get 251 item-level loot, with Lich King dropping 258 item-level gear.
- Heroic 10-Man: The Lich King drops 271 item-level gear, and normal bosses provide 264 item-level loot.
- 25-Man: Normal bosses in 25-man difficulty offer 264 item level gear, while heroic bosses provide 277 item level gear.
- Heroic Lich King: Defeating the heroic Lich King is a significant challenge, but it offers the best rewards, including 284 item-level weapons.
Shadowmourne: Obtaining Shadowmourne is a topic that deserves its own video, but it's now more accessible. The process is still complex, so consider focusing on gearing your character before pursuing this legendary weapon.
With the knowledge of these gearing strategies, you'll be well-prepared for the epic battles of Icecrown Citadel. Gear up efficiently, prioritize upgrades, and choose your raid difficulty wisely. Whether you aim for normal or heroic encounters, this guide will help you feel like a true champion as you face the challenges that await in the final phase of Wrath of the Lich King. Good luck, and may you emerge victorious from Icecrown Citadel!
Most Popular Posts
- WotLK Classic Phase 4 Updates: Top 10 Exciting New Stuff
- WotLK Classic Phase 4: Random Dungeon Finder Guide
- WotLK Classic Phase 4: DPS Tier List and Ranking
- WotLK Classic Phase 4: How To Obtain The Best Gear Efficiently?
- WotLK Classic Phase 4: Account-Wide Collections, Easier Shadowmourne, Dungeons and Raids Update
- WotLK Classic Phase 4 New RDF System: New Features and How to Use it?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (653)
- Diablo IV / (601)
- Runescape / (288)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- WOW Classic / (41)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- WoW Classic SOD / (30)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)