Guild Wars 2 Revenant Profession Guide: Legendary Champions and Otherworldly Powers
In the dynamic world of Guild Wars 2, the Revenant stands out as a unique and enigmatic profession. With their ability to invoke legendary champions of the past and channel otherworldly powers, they are formidable combatants in both PvE and PvP scenarios. In this guide, we will delve into the intricacies of the Revenant profession, exploring its mechanics, legends, trait lines, weapon choices, and recommended builds.
- Profession Mechanics
- Pros and Cons
- Trait Lines
- Weapon Choices
- Elite Specializations
- Gear Choices
↖ Profession Mechanics
The core mechanic of the Revenant revolves around channeling legendary champions of Tyria's history to augment their combat prowess. Unlike other professions, Revenants can only have two legends equipped at any given time. Utilizing abilities tied to these legends depletes the Revenant's energy bar, which regenerates over time. Mastering the Revenant means mastering energy management, a unique aspect of this profession.
When channeling a legend, the Revenant gains access to five static abilities associated with that legend. These skills remain constant for each legend and do not change.
↖ Energy Management
- The Revenant uses an energy bar to fuel their skills and weapon abilities. This energy regenerates quickly as skills are used.
- Some skills have upkeep costs, which can either slow down energy regeneration or gradually deplete it.
- Swapping Legends replenishes your energy, allowing you to use new skills associated with the newly chosen Legend.
To play the Revenant effectively, mastering energy management is crucial. Mismanaging your energy can leave you defenseless and unable to use your skills.
The Revenant has access to four Legends: Assassin, Dwarf, Centaur, and Demon.
- You can mix and match two Legends at any given time, and each Legend comes with its unique set of skills.
- Legends lock you into a specific playstyle, and you cannot individually customize skills within a Legend.
- Ancient Echo is a unique skill that provides a benefit based on your current Legend and regenerates some energy. For instance, with the Assassin stance, your next two attacks become unblockable.
Here's a brief overview of the Legends and their playstyles:
- Assassin Stance: Emphasizes fast melee combat, shadow-stepping, and crowd control.
- Dwarf Stance: Offers fantastic defenses and durability.
- Centaur Stance: Focuses on healing, supporting, and crowd control.
- Demon Stance: Focuses on dealing condition damage and pulsing negative effects to nearby foes.
↖ Pros and Cons
↖ Trait Lines
The Revenant's trait lines focus on improving their Legendary Stances and Legend swapping. The five trait lines are as follows:
- Corruption: Associated with the Demon Stance, improves Torment application, resistance, and self-healing.
- Retribution: Associated with the Dwarf Stance, enhances defense, Vigor generation, and resolution.
- Salvation: Improves healing and Boon application, enhancing the Centaur Stance's support capabilities.
- Devastation: Focused on the Assassin Stance, boosts on-hit damage and vulnerability application.
- Invocation: Enhances Legend swapping, grants Fury, and improves overall Legend abilities.
↖ Weapon Choices
Revenants can wield various weapons, each with its own unique playstyle. Here are the weapons at their disposal:
- Hammer: A ranged Mist weapon dealing high damage, stunning enemies, and blocking projectiles.
- Staff: Used for close-range healing and support, offering blocking and crowd control.
- Mace (Main Hand): Applies conditions and is suitable for medium or close-range combat.
- Sword (Main Hand): Provides high mobility and striking damage.
- Axe (Offhand): Applies conditions and cripples enemies.
- Sword (Offhand): Deals high strike damage and can immobilize foes.
↖ Elite Specializations
Guild Wars 2 expansions introduce elite specializations, which significantly alter your Revenant's playstyle. Here's a brief overview of the elite specializations:
↖ Herald (Heart of Thorns Expansion)
- Emphasis on facets, which enhance energy management and provide Boons.
- Strong DPS potential and support capabilities.
↖ Renegade (Path of Fire Expansion)
Legend: Kalla Scorchrazor
- Gains a shortbow for ranged attacks and conditions.
- Excellent support with alacrity and condition damage capabilities.
↖ Vindicator (End of Dragons Expansion)
- Offers two separate skill sets focusing on damage and healing/support.
- Massive leap with Dodge roll and the use of a greatsword.
↖ Gear Choices
Your gear should align with your chosen Revenant build. Here are some gear suggestions:
- Power-Oriented (Assassin/Dwarf Stance): Berserkers or Marauders for increased damage.
- Condition Damage (Demon/Dwarf Stance): Vipers for enhanced condition DPS.
- Survivability: Carrion for a balance of damage and toughness.
- Beginner-Friendly: Celestial for versatility and reduced complexity.
Previous: GW2 Guardian Profession Guide!
In total, Revenants are never truly alone, as they are accompanied by legendary champions from Tyria's past. These champions provide a glimpse of their power, empowering the Revenant to become a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Whether you choose to embrace the darkness with Mallyx or unleash the fury of Shiro Tagachi, the Revenant offers a unique and captivating gameplay experience that is both rewarding and challenging.
Most Popular Posts
- Guild Wars 2 Open World PvE Builds: Ranking & Tier List For 2023
- Guild Wars 2: Top 4 Best Maps To Farm Gold in 2023
- How to get more gold with unidentified gear in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
- How to Farm Gold Weekly with Imperial Favors | Guild Wars 2?
- Guild Wars 2 Secrets of the Obscure Update and Features: New Weapons, Runes and Relics, Weaponmaster Training
- How to level up to 80 super fast in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (653)
- Diablo IV / (601)
- Runescape / (288)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- WOW Classic / (41)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- WoW Classic SOD / (30)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)