Guild Wars 2 Warrior Profession Guide: Tips, Tricks and Strategies For New Players
Welcome to the Guild Wars 2 Warrior Profession Spotlight. The Warrior profession stands as a symbol of relentless combat and unwavering strength, This profession is all about decimating foes and brutalizing enemies with raw power. In this guide, we'll delve into the world of the Warrior profession, discussing its mechanics, skills, weapon options, and build recommendations for various game modes.
- Warrior Mechanics
- Strengths & Weaknesses
- Skill Categories
- Trait Lines
- Weapon Options
- Builds Recommend
- PvE and PvP
- Elite Specializations
↖ Warrior Mechanics
The Warrior's professional mechanic is adrenaline. As a Warrior deals and takes damage in combat, they build up adrenaline. Once enough adrenaline is accumulated, they can unleash a burst ability, with the strength of the ability depending on the number of adrenaline bars filled. These burst abilities vary based on the weapon the Warrior is currently wielding.
Examples of Burst Abilities
- Greatsword: Arcing Slice - Deals high area damage around the Warrior.
- Hammer: Earth Shaker - Stuns all nearby enemies at the point of impact.
After using a burst ability, all Adrenaline is depleted, and the cycle begins anew.
↖ Strengths & Weaknesses
↖ Skill Categories
Warriors have access to five skill categories: Banners, Shouts, Physical, Signets, and Stances.
- Banners summon areas of benefit for the Warrior and their allies. For example, Banner of Defense grants barriers and boons upon placement, then pulses more boons during its duration. The elite skill, Banner Battle Standard, finishes foes and revives downed allies.
- Shouts provide various effects, from boons to condition cleansing and even inflicting fear. Skills like For Great Justice grant might and fury to the Warrior and nearby allies, while "On My Mark!" marks a target and inflicts vulnerability.
- Physical skills emphasize crowd control on enemies. Abilities like Kick push foes backward, and Bull's Charge lets the Warrior sprint to foes and knock them down.
- Signets offer passive and powerful active effects. For instance, Signet of Might passively improves power and actively causes attacks to be unblockable while granting might.
- Stances provide positive effects for a short duration. Defiance Stance heals the Warrior and heals more as they take damage during its duration, while Endure Pain grants immunity to all strike damage for a short time.
↖ Trait Lines
Warrior trait lines emphasize close-quarters combat and include Strength, Arms, Defense, Tactics, and Discipline. Each trait line focuses on specific aspects of gameplay:
- Strength emphasizes brute force and physicality.
- Arms focuses on critical hits and heavy condition damage.
- Defense emphasizes surviving attacks and mitigating damage.
- Tactics focuses on ally support and improving shouts.
- Discipline promotes weapon swapping and adrenaline generation.
↖ Weapon Options
Warriors are versatile in their weapon choices. They can wield a wide variety of weapons, including:
- Greatswords: Massive strike damage and excellent mobility.
- Hammers: Emphasize weakening enemies and crowd control.
- Longbows: Focus on condition damage and burning.
- Rifles: High burst damage against a single target.
Main hand axes, maces, swords: Each offers unique characteristics.
↖ Builds Recommend
- Beginner Build: Greatsword paired with Axe and Shield. This combination offers substantial strike damage with defensive capabilities through the shield.
- Advanced Build: Greatsword paired with double Axes for a more aggressive playstyle. When played effectively, it can be devastating in combat.
↖ PvE and PvP
- In PvE, Warriors excel in open-world content. Their ferocious attacks, self-healing capabilities, and high base toughness make them formidable damage dealers and even supportive characters with shouts and banners.
- In PvP, core Warriors can still be deadly. They offer numerous defensive options and counterattacks to engage in strategic battles.
↖ Elite Specializations
Guild Wars 2 introduces three elite specializations for Warriors, each tied to a specific expansion:
Heart of Thorns: Berserker
Path of Fire: Spellbreaker
End of Dragons: Blade Swarm
These elite specializations provide unique playstyles and abilities, enhancing the Warrior's versatility.
Previous: GW2 Revenant Profession Guide!
The Warrior profession in Guild Wars 2 is a relentless combatant, capable of dominating foes through sheer force and power. Whether you prefer open-world exploration, structured PvP, or challenging end-game content, the Warrior's adaptability and strength make it a formidable choice. Master your Adrenaline, wield powerful weapons, and become the furious Gladiator Tyria needs.
Most Popular Posts
- Guild Wars 2 Open World PvE Builds: Ranking & Tier List For 2023
- Guild Wars 2: Top 4 Best Maps To Farm Gold in 2023
- How to get more gold with unidentified gear in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
- How to Farm Gold Weekly with Imperial Favors | Guild Wars 2?
- Guild Wars 2 Secrets of the Obscure Update and Features: New Weapons, Runes and Relics, Weaponmaster Training
- How to level up to 80 super fast in Guild Wars 2, 2023?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (680)
- Diablo IV / (617)
- Runescape / (294)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- WOW Classic / (41)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- WoW Classic SoD / (32)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)