Which Artifacts and Perks Are Optimal for Flail Builder in New World?
In New World Season 3, there's a lot of debate about whether Odo and Michael are worth farming for. These two artifacts can have a significant impact on your gameplay, especially when it comes to building your character with the BiS flail perks. In this guide, we'll dive into the details of Odo and Michael, explore potential alternatives, and outline the most powerful flail perks available.
- Odo Artifact: Is it worth farming?
- Michael Artifact: Is it worth farming?
- Better Alternatives for Flail Perks
- Best Flail Perks
↖ Odo Artifact: Is it worth farming?
Odo is one of the artifacts in New World that many players have questions about. Let's take a closer look at the perks it offers.
|Perk||Description||Suitability for Flail Users|
|Magnify (AoE Perk)||Enhances area of effect damage, somewhat useful in certain situations.||Reasonable|
|AO's Punishment||Provides 20% damage bonus to stun foes, but flail lacks stun capabilities. Not effective for flail-focused builds.||Not Suitable|
|Auto's Defense||Initially offered healing on block for 5% of your base Health, but nerfed to a 3-second cooldown with only 5% Health.||Underwhelming|
|Life Stealing||Grants life-stealing ability, more beneficial for high-damage weapons, not a priority for flail users.||Not a Priority|
|Refreshing Move||Valuable perk, but there are other ways to access it. May not be the definitive reason to choose Odo.||Valuable, but alternatives exist|
↖ Michael Artifact: Is it worth farming?
Michael, on the other hand, offers some more appealing options for flail builder. It is a kite shield and can be a great addition to your build if you use a kite shield in combination with your flail.
|Refreshing Cleanse||Reduces cooldowns by 5% on all kite shields and allows you to remove one debuff when you block.||Situational; usefulness varies depending on debuffs and shield usage.|
|Counterattack||Provides a 30% power boost for 4 seconds when you successfully block an attack.||Strong perk, especially for flail users. Pairs well with flail's playstyle.|
|Life Stealing||Offers Life Stealing, which is decent but not a standout feature for a flail user.||Useful for survivability but not a unique or exceptional perk for flail users.|
|Additional Slot||Michael has an extra perk slot, but it comes with a gem restriction.||Provides customization options but with limitations due to gem restrictions.|
If you're purely focused on PvE tanking and don't need the Stagger effect on your Arcane Smite or Burning Smite, Michael could be a great choice. However, if you want the Stagger effect and are using a kite shield, there are better options to consider.
↖ Better Alternatives for Flail Perks
When it comes to building a strong flail character, you have better alternatives than Odo and Michael. Two top choices for your kite shield are Immutable Resolve and the TA Kite Shield.
- Immutable Resolve: This kite shield is a top-tier option for flail users. It features three exceptional perks:
- Shield Aggression (4.5 base damage): This perk offers increased damage on your shield, which can help make up for the flail's lack of damage.
- Thrust Shield Ward: This perk provides mitigation against thrust attacks.
- Slash Shield Ward: Similar to Thrust Shield Ward, this perk mitigates slash attacks.
- Sturdy: This perk enhances your shield's durability.
Immutable Resolve is highly sought after, thanks to its incredible drop rate. It boosts your survivability and damage, making it a great choice for flail users.
- TA Kite Shield: If you haven't acquired Immutable Resolve yet, the TA Kite Shield is a viable alternative. It offers two powerful perks that complement the flail's playstyle:
- Refreshing Defense: This perk can be a great addition to your build, reducing the need for Refreshing Move on your weapon.
- Counterattack: Similar to Michael's Counterattack, this perk is excellent for flail users. It helps you deal more damage and enhances your combat efficiency.
↖ Best Flail Perks
Now that you have a suitable kite shield, let's discuss the best flail perks to maximize your effectiveness in combat.
|Burdening Smite||35% Cooldown Increase||Essential for PvP, disrupts enemy abilities|
|Plagued Strikes||26% Healing Reduction for 8 Seconds||Crucial for crippling opponents|
|Toxic Three||16% Rend for 7 Seconds||Adds damage and weakens defenses|
|Playful Crits||Additional damage below 50% health||Good alternative to top-tier perks|
|Jasper Gem||Extra Empower when taking damage||Useful in situations when under attack|
|Opal Gem||Consistent damage increase||Generally valued higher for DPS|
In New World, Odo and Michael may not be the best options for flail users due to their underwhelming perks. When choosing a kite shield, consider Immutable Resolve or the TA Kite Shield for better results. Additionally, prioritize the Burdening Smite, Plagued Strikes, and Toxic Three perks to maximize your flail's effectiveness in combat. Customizing your character with the right perks and equipment is crucial for success in New World. So, make informed choices, experiment with different builds, and have fun on your journey through Aeternum!
Most Popular Posts
- 4 Powerful Flail Builds For PVE and PVP in New World
- Top 3 Best Solo Builds For Weapon Combos in New World Season 3
- New World Expansion Best DPS Builds For PVP and PVE: Greatsword and Spear
- Top 3 Best Rapier Builds For PvP and PvE in Season 3 | New World
- New World Season 3 Fire Staff Great Axe Builds Guide: Dominating The PVP Scene
- New World Season 2 Best PVE Builds:Tank,Healer and DPS
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (680)
- Diablo IV / (616)
- Runescape / (294)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- WOW Classic / (41)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- WoW Classic SoD / (32)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)