The Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Classes Guide
PvP or Player vs Player is a popular game mode for many online games, and Star Wars: The Old Republic is no exception. Whether you're a new player or a returning player looking to refresh your game knowledge, there are a few basics that everyone should know before entering the PvP arena. The first step when starting out is to choose a class to play. There are two sides: the Republic and the Imperial, but more players tend to play on the Imperial side. You can also choose an origin story, which will determine which combat styles are available to you. For example, a Bounty Hunter can be a Powertech or a Vanguard.
There are five classes in particular that are recommended for new players due to their simplicity and effectiveness in PvP.
- Juggernaut, particularly in the Vengeance discipline, is a great choice for a melee DPS that does a lot of AoE damage and doesn't require many key binds.
- Sorcerer is almost the same as the Sage and has access to all of the Force trees in the game.
- Madness Discipline is recommended for the Mercenary and is one of the best specs for PvP currently, although it is a ranged class.
- Powertech, the Shieldtech discipline is the best tank class in the game, while the Advanced Prototype discipline is the most fun DPS class and is also fairly easy to play.
- Bounty Hunter's Bodyguard discipline is one of the best PvP healers and is incredibly tanky.
Once you've chosen your class and read up on the abilities available to you, the next step is to learn the basic priorities and rotations, as well as the defensive cooldowns of your class. You can also create multiple characters and try out different combat styles. This allows you to have access to the best tank and DPS disciplines and also gives you the chance to play as a healer. Learning one class thoroughly is a great way to start, as it will help you understand the game more and be able to counter other classes more effectively.
Most Popular Posts
- SWTOR Patch 7.3 Tier List & Ranking: High Damage, Surviability and Utility
- 7 Hottest & Most Powerful Solo Class in SWTOR, 2023
- Top 5 Simple & Powerful Classes For PVP in SWTOR, 2023?
- How To Make Millions Of Credits Selling Tech Fragments In SWTOR (2023)?
- How to quickly upgrade the level of the gear to 332 in SWTOR?
- Top 10 Important Settings for Optimizing SWTOR
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (642)
- Diablo IV / (596)
- Runescape / (288)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- WOW Classic / (70)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)
- Albion / (16)