WOW Patch 10.1.5 Unannounced Changes: Gear, Endings and Events
The highly anticipated World of Warcraft Dragonflight patch 10.1.5, titled Fractured In Time is just around the corner. In this guide article, we will delve into some of the secret unannounced features that have been discovered on the PTR. From the secret ending of the Dawn of the Infinite Mega-Dungeon to the new gear upgrade system, Time Rifts, Quantum transmog gear, and the New Secrets of Azeroth holiday event, we will cover it all.
- 10.1.5 Release Date
- Dawn of the Infinite
- Secrets and Achievements
- Time Rifts Explained
- Returning Player Gear & Cleanup
- New 447 Myth Gear Upgrade Level
- Quantum Transmog Gear
- Secrets of Azeroth
- Blue Dragonflight Questline
↖ 10.1.5 Release Date
While an exact release date has not been officially announced, considering the development timeline outlined in the 2023 Dragonflight roadmap, we can expect the patch to arrive soon. According to Holly Lonsdale, a member of the WoW development team, patches are scheduled to be released on average every eight weeks. This means that the latest possible release date for Fractured In Time would be July 11th. However, the patch will likely be available before then, possibly around June 27th or even earlier. Stay tuned for official announcements regarding the release date.
↖ Dawn of the Infinite
One of the major highlights of the upcoming patch is the introduction of the mega-dungeon, Dawn of the Infinite. This dungeon comes as a welcome addition for players who found the Aberrus raid to be relatively easy. The new gear upgrade system and simplified mechanics in Aberrus made heroic difficulty feel more like a normal raid experience. The Dawn of the Infinite mega dungeon aims to provide a new challenge for players, offering engaging encounters and intricate mechanics. During testing on the PTR, the dungeon was under-tuned, allowing players to breeze through bosses without much effort.
However, the narrative aspect of the dungeon shines through, featuring a captivating storyline and immersive events. Players will have the opportunity to revisit the time ways, encounter proto-dragons, and witness significant moments in Warcraft history. Keep in mind that certain cinematics cut scenes and dialogue lines may need to be added in the PTR version, possibly intentionally withheld by Blizzard. The final battle against Deos, where he attempts to turn Proto-Drake Nosdormu into Murazon, is particularly intriguing, leaving players wondering about the consequences and potential impact on the timeline.
↖ Secrets and Achievements
While exploring the Dawn of the Infinite mega-dungeon, players may stumble upon secrets and achievements that enhance their experience. By clicking on an hourglass before each boss fights, players can activate hard mode mechanics reminiscent of the style seen in Ulduar. These additional challenges provide a fresh and rewarding twist to the dungeon, catering to those seeking greater difficulty and accomplishment. Furthermore, the dungeon serves as the source for acquiring infinite dragon customizations, allowing players to personalize their characters with unique appearances.
↖ Time Rifts Explained
One of the intriguing features of the patch is the introduction of Time Rifts. These events occur approximately every 45 minutes in the Reservoir area of the new zone, Tier Hold. While the frequency may be adjusted for the live version, players can expect engaging community events reminiscent of the researchers' event in Zuldazar and the Iskara super event. These events involve completing mini-quests within a given time limit to fill an overall bar and earning various levels of rewards. Once the rift portal opens in the center of the zone, players will be transported to alternate Azeroth maps or boss rooms to face formidable foes.
These events are packed with mini-games, Easter eggs, and appearances of alternate reality versions of famous characters, creating a playful and imaginative experience. Players can collect currency during these events to exchange for cosmetic rewards, including pets, transmogs, and ensembles, with the Legion weapons being a particular highlight. Additionally, there are seven mounts available, such as a green Storm Drake variant, a Core Hound, and a recolour of the Mecha-Scorpion from the Siege of Ogrimmar raid.
↖ Returning Player Gear & Cleanup
Patch 10.1.5 brings several improvements for returning players. Allied races will now unlock for all players with a level 40 character, eliminating the need for reputation or campaign quests. Leveling has also been enhanced, with players automatically learning new ranks of riding skills and receiving a free flying mount at level 30. Furthermore, a "Welcome Back Pack" has been introduced for neglected characters between levels 10 and 60 who haven't logged in for 60 days. Upon logging in, players will be given the option to receive a bag containing level-appropriate gear for their chosen specialization.
This serves as a refreshing experience for returning players, transporting them back to Stormwind or Orgrimmar with new gear. Notably, this feature also includes a bag cleanup that removes all items except the hearthstone and a foot locker containing the character's old gear, providing a convenient and user-friendly option.
↖ New 447 Myth Gear Upgrade Level
Another significant addition in patch 10.1.5 is the introduction of three additional upgrade levels for Season 2 gear. Previously, the maximum upgrade was 441 for Heroic gear. However, with the new myth level, players can now upgrade their gear up to 447, which is only obtainable in Mythic raids or equivalent Great Vault rewards.
This change is likely to encourage more players to engage in Mythic raiding. While the first five bosses of the raid, Aabros, may seem less appealing for Mythic difficulty, players can upgrade any gear obtained from these bosses in Heroic difficulty to Mythic level with minimal effort. The inclusion of Mythic Kazzak, Amalgamation, Assault, Experiments, and Ra-den's drops as upgradable items to the same level as the later bosses will undoubtedly facilitate the transition to Mythic raiding.
↖ Quantum Transmog Gear
Among the intriguing discoveries on the PTR are the enigmatic Quantum Transmog Gear items. These are slot-specific cosmetic tokens found in the 10.1.5 data, which grant you a randomized appearance from past expansions. While the details are still vague, these items will be class-agnostic, allowing any character to receive and save appearances from various armour types.
This system appears reminiscent of a transmog lottery, adding an element of surprise to collecting old transmog appearances. Players eagerly await more information on how to obtain these tokens and the specific transmogs that will be included. Will legendary items like Corrupted Ashbringer or elusive treasures like Tusks of Mannoroth be among the possible appearances? Time will tell.
↖ Secrets of Azeroth
Another mysterious addition to the in-game calendar on the PTR is the "Secrets of Azeroth" event scheduled for August 14th. This event promises a thrilling adventure as players embark on a journey to uncover hidden secrets, locate rare treasures, and solve mysteries. The Preservationists seek your assistance in unravelling the enigma behind these secrets.
Exciting rewards await those who participate, including the coveted "Patty the Alpaca" mount for completing the "Whodunit" achievement, the esteemed "Inquisitive" title, and the trusty companion "Tobias," the bloodhound. Clues provided by the community will guide players to buried satchels reminiscent of a clue-based archaeology experience. Speculations suggest a connection to the recent data mined adventure hats, which bear a resemblance to the iconic hat worn by Harrison Jones—a renowned seeker of past secrets. If you're a fan of mystery and exploration, the Secrets of Azeroth event is not to be missed.
↖ Blue Dragonflight Questline
The Blue Dragonflight Questline is an optional storyline in World of Warcraft that focuses on the blue dragonflight and their struggles. It offers a unique and engaging narrative that many players have enjoyed.
- Starting the Questline: To begin the Blue Dragonflight Questline, you need to locate the quest giver. Look for a quest marker on your map, or ask other players for directions. The questline is available to both Horde and Alliance players.
- Duration: The Blue Dragonflight Questline is known for its length. It can take several hours to complete, so make sure you have enough time set aside to experience it fully. It's recommended to dedicate an evening or a day to immerse yourself in the questline.
- Choosing Your Path: During the quest line, you'll encounter a map where you can choose your next destination. This adds an element of choice and exploration to the questline. Keep in mind that you'll need to complete the entire map and its associated quests before reaching a conclusion. Don't expect to finish the story in one location.
- Story Highlights: The Blue Dragonflight Questline features compelling characters, excellent voice acting, and a well-paced narrative. Without spoiling anything, expect surprises and interesting plot developments. The culmination of the questline is especially praised by players for its quality and satisfaction.
- Optional and Standalone: The Blue Dragonflight Questline is optional and not directly connected to the main campaign. It offers a self-contained story that provides a break from the main storyline. You can participate in this questline solely for the purpose of enjoying the narrative.
- Rewards: While the primary reward of the Blue Dragonflight Questline is the story itself, you may also receive additional rewards such as experience, reputation gains, and unique items along the way. These rewards can enhance your character's progression.
- Preparing for the Questline: Before starting the Blue Dragonflight Questline, ensure that you have allocated enough time to complete it. Additionally, make sure your character is adequately geared and prepared for combat encounters. Restock on consumables, repair your equipment and be ready for any challenges you may face.
- Immersion and Enjoyment: To fully appreciate the Blue Dragonflight Questline, it's recommended to play it in a focused and immersive manner. Set aside distractions and take the time to absorb the story and its details. This will enhance your overall enjoyment of the questline.
- Share Your Experience: After completing the Blue Dragonflight Questline, you can discuss and share your thoughts with other players. Engage in conversations, share your favourite moments, and join the community in appreciating this unique questline.
The upcoming World of Warcraft patch 10.1.5, titled "Fractured In Time," brings a plethora of exciting changes and features for players to enjoy. The patch is expected to be released soon, possibly around June 27th or earlier, offering players a new and engaging experience. Overall, patch 10.1.5 offers a diverse range of content and features that will undoubtedly captivate World of Warcraft players and keep them engaged.
Most Popular Posts
- WoW Patch 10.1 Gear Guide: How to Fast and Efficient Get iLvl447 Tier & Beyond ASPA?
- WOW Newest Woodcutting skill: Everything You Need To Know
- WOW Patch 10.1.5 New Mage Revamp: You Need to Know Change
- WOW Patch 10.1.5 Unannounced Changes: Gear, Endings and Events
- WoW Neltharions Dungeon Guide: Tips and Tricks for Mythic Plus Featuring Dratnos
- Dragonflight Fractures in Time (10.1.5) PTR: Fire Mage Rework | World of Warcraft
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (556)
- Diablo IV / (424)
- Runescape / (251)
- Guild Wars 2 / (129)
- New World / (127)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (115)
- FFXIV / (113)
- World of Warcraft / (53)
- WOW Classic / (38)
- Elden Ring / (33)
- SWTOR / (31)
- League of Legends / (29)
- Fallout 76 / (24)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Dark and Darker / (20)
- WotLK Classic / (19)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)
- Albion / (16)