TESO Different Roles and Content: Classes PVE Tier List
Welcome to our comprehensive PvE classes tier list for TESO! In this guide, we'll rank the classes based on their performance in various roles and content, from beginners and overland exploration to dungeon and trial runs. Whether you're a new player or a seasoned veteran, we aim to help you choose the class that best suits your playstyle and objectives. Keep in mind that while we provide rankings, every class can be viable and enjoyable, so don't hesitate to try out different options and discover what works best for you!
- For Beginners & Overland Exploration
- Dungeon Tanks
- Trial Tanks
- Dungeon Healer
- Trial Healers
- Dungeon DPS
- Solo Arena DPS
- Trial DPS
↖ For Beginners & Overland Exploration
For those just starting or embarking on overland exploration, rest assured that all classes perform admirably in solo content. Whether you prefer the finesse of a Nightblade, the might of a Dragonknight, the divine power of a Templar, the summoning prowess of a Sorcerer, the nature's grace of a Warden, or the dark arts of a Necromancer, you can't go wrong. Your class choice here is about personal preference and aesthetics, so don't hesitate to explore different options and discover what resonates with you the most.
↖ Dungeon Tanks
When tackling 4-man dungeons, it's essential to have a well-balanced team with each class contributing their unique utility and self-healing capabilities. However, if you wish to focus on mechanics and minimize DPS loss caused by excessive movement, certain classes like Nightblade and Necromancer are more suitable and friendly options. Here's a tier list for 4-man dungeon tanks in terms of comfort and ease:
S Tier Tanks (Highly Recommended):
- Arcanist: The Arcanist is an excellent choice for tanking in dungeons due to its versatile skill set and reliable self-healing abilities. With the Arcanist as your tank, your group can navigate mechanics efficiently while maintaining a solid defense.
- Warden: Wardens make for fantastic dungeon tanks with their nature-based skills, providing great sustain and support for the group. They excel in handling different dungeon encounters and keeping the team alive.
- Dragonknight: Known for their sturdy defenses and crowd-control abilities, Dragonknights are one of the most popular choices for dungeon tanks. They can take on tough bosses and mobs with ease, making them valuable assets to any group.
- Templar: Templars combine solid tanking capabilities with excellent group utility and healing potential. Their ability to support the team while tanking makes them highly sought-after in dungeons.
- Sorcerer: Sorcerers may be primarily known for their DPS, but as tanks, they bring a unique blend of damage mitigation and self-sustain. A well-played Sorcerer tank can handle dungeons effectively.
A Tier Tanks (Viable Choices):
- Nightblade: While Nightblades offer impressive damage and stealth capabilities, they may require a bit more finesse to tank dungeons effectively without sacrificing DPS. Skilled players can make them work well in 4-man groups.
- Necromancer: Necromancers have a mix of tanking and damage-dealing abilities. With good resource management and awareness, they can perform admirably as dungeon tanks, even though they might be slightly less forgiving than the S-tier options.
↖ Trial Tanks
Tanking in trials, the 12-man dungeons in many MMORPGs, demands careful consideration and specialized skills. To excel in this role, you must prioritize survival, crowd control, and support for your team. While several classes can fill the tanking role, Dragonknight and Necromancer stand out as the top choices, thanks to their impressive versatility and strong mitigation capabilities. Additionally, the Arcanist class proves to be a formidable contender, while the Warden class can also function as a tank but is often preferred in the role of a healer. Sorcerer and Nightblade, while viable, may require more effort to match the efficiency and ease of the top-tier choices.
General Tips for Trial Tanking:
- Prioritize defensive stats like health, resistances, and block mitigation.
- Master crowd control to control groups of enemies effectively.
- Coordinate with your healer to manage incoming damage spikes.
- Communicate with your team to ensure coordinated positioning and strategies.
- Be adaptable and willing to adjust your build and strategy based on the trial's requirements.
↖ Dungeon Healer
When it comes to dungeon healers, all classes perform well, but some excel in certain areas. Templar is a solid choice but may struggle with sustained healing. Sorcerer falls somewhere between B and Copium, while DK can work well with the right setup but demands careful positioning. Necromancer healing can be effective, while Warden and Nightblade are top-tier choices for 4 man content.
|Templar||Versatile healing, burst healing, group utility||General dungeon runs, bursty damage, debuff cleansing|
|Sorcerer||Steady healing, damage mitigation, strong utility||Mixed healing and shielding in dungeons|
|Dragonknight||Potent healing, synergies, ultimate regeneration||Dungeons with careful positioning, utilizing synergies|
|Necromancer||Effective AoE healing, resurrection capabilities||Groups seeking survivability and resurrection options|
|Warden||Exceptional healing, burst healing, support from War Bear ult||Recommended for challenging 4-man content|
|Nightblade||Top-tier single-target healing, effective HoTs||4-man content with focus on single-target healing and sustain|
↖ Trial Healers
In 12 man trials, the healer role may not prioritize Necromancer due to its tank or DPS roles taking precedence. Dragonknight healing is rarely seen but can work, albeit not being the first choice. Arcanist, Templar, and Nightblade stand out as top-tier choices for their healing capabilities, with Sorcerer being less common but still viable.
- Arcanist (Recommended): Arcanists are exceptional healers in 12-man trials. Their mastery of restorative magic allows them to keep the group healthy even during intense battles. They have a wide range of healing abilities and supportive spells, making them a top-tier choice for any raid group.
- Templar (Recommended): Templars are renowned for their healing prowess and are highly sought after in raid scenarios. With access to powerful healing spells and unique abilities like Cleansing Ritual, they can cleanse the group of harmful effects while keeping everyone alive.
- Nightblade (Recommended): Nightblades may be traditionally known for their DPS abilities, but they have proven themselves as capable healers too. With their ability to siphon health from enemies and convert it into healing for allies, Nightblades bring a unique touch to the healing role.
- Sorcerer (Viable): Though less common than the top choices, Sorcerers can still fulfill the healer role effectively in 12-man trials. They possess abilities that offer burst healing and support, making them a viable option for groups that prefer their playstyle.
- Dragonknight (Viable but Uncommon): Dragonknights are rarely seen as healers in 12-man trials, but that doesn't mean they can't work in this role. While they lack some of the dedicated healing abilities of other classes, their versatility and damage mitigation skills can provide added survivability to the group.
- Necromancer (Not Recommended): Necromancers, despite having unique abilities, may not be the first choice for the healer role in 12-man trials. Their tanking and DPS capabilities take precedence, and other classes simply outshine them in pure healing potential.
↖ Dungeon DPS
Switching gears to DPS, for 4 man dungeon runs, all classes have their strengths. Dragonknight and Nightblade can be highly effective, while Arcanist can shine in the hands of experienced players. Templar, Necromancer, and Sorcerer all perform well, with Warden requiring a bit more effort to match the others' damage output.
|Dragonknight||Sustained DPS, Group Utility||Strong AoE damage, Crowd Control, Resource Management||Utilize fiery abilities for control and coordinate with the team for maximum efficiency.|
|Nightblade||Burst DPS, Single-target Focus||High burst damage, Excellent single-target damage||Make use of stealth and shadow abilities to initiate fights and focus on priority targets.|
|Sorcerer||Ranged DPS, Elemental Magic||Strong ranged damage, Powerful AoE spells, Pet summoning||Manage pets effectively, use lightning and storm abilities to control enemies.|
|Templar||DPS and Support||Good sustain, Healing abilities, Both magical and physical||Balance between damage and support through healing and utility spells.|
|Necromancer||Versatile DPS, Some Support||Good sustain through corpse mechanics, Strong AoE damage||Master corpse management and use minions strategically for optimal damage.|
|Arcanist||Spellcasting, Crowd Control||High burst damage, Excellent crowd control abilities||Practice spell rotations and precision for maximum damage output.|
|Warden||Nature-based DPS, Some Utility||Good AoE damage, Healing abilities, Crowd control||Focus on resource management and coordinate with the team for effective damage.|
↖ Solo Arena DPS
In solo arenas like Master Maelstrom Arena and Vateshran Hollows, Dragonknight is often considered the top choice due to its durability and damage output. Templar and Nightblade are also strong contenders, followed by Sorcerer and Warden, while Arcanist and Necromancer may require more familiarity with the mechanics.
|Dragonknight||High durability and damage output||Molten Whip, Flame Lash, Green Dragon Blood||Use crowd control and manage self-healing|
|Templar||Strong healing abilities, decent damage||Puncturing Sweeps, Breath of Life, Channeled Focus||Balance damage and sustain|
|Nightblade||High burst damage, stealth mechanics||Surprise Attack, Swallow Soul, Leeching Strikes||Master stealth and timing burst damage|
|Sorcerer||High burst damage, good crowd control||Crystal Fragments, Surge, Boundless Storm||Watch positioning and manage resources|
|Warden||Versatility, healing, crowd control||Growing Swarm, Budding Seeds, Soothing Spores||Use healing and crowd control effectively|
|Arcanist||High magical damage, access to utility spells||Fireball, Ice Spike, Lightning Bolt||Efficiently manage resources and spell choices|
|Necromancer||Decent damage, access to healing and shielding||Blastbones, Skeletal Arcanist, Stalking Blastbones||Control minions and time healing abilities|
↖ Trial DPS
In 12-man trials, Dragonknight stands out as the top DPS class, showcasing exceptional performance. Templar, Arcanist, and Nightblade are also strong choices, while Sorcerer can be competitive in the hands of experienced players. Warden and Necromancer, on the other hand, may be preferred for their utility and support capabilities.
- Dragonknight: The Dragonknight class excels as a top DPS choice in 12-man trials due to its remarkable damage output and versatility. Their impressive array of abilities allows them to deal substantial single-target and area-of-effect damage. Additionally, Dragonknights bring valuable crowd control, survivability, and group support, making them a well-rounded choice for both beginners and experienced players.
- Templar: Templars also shine in 12-man trials, offering a potent combination of damage and support abilities. They possess strong direct damage skills and healing capabilities, making them a reliable choice for team sustain. Templars can bolster the group's survivability, cleanse negative effects, and provide much-needed utility during challenging encounters.
- Arcanist: With their mastery over the arcane arts, Arcanists are formidable DPS contenders in 12-man trials. They excel in dealing magical damage and often bring powerful crowd control and utility spells to the group. Arcanists can disrupt enemy formations, shield allies, and amplify the group's overall damage output, making them a valuable asset in any trial setting.
- Nightblade: Nightblades are another class known for their high burst damage and exceptional single-target damage capabilities. They thrive in executing precise strikes and exploiting enemies' vulnerabilities. Nightblades can provide valuable debuffs, add crowd control, and contribute to the group's overall damage potential, particularly in encounters where focusing down specific targets is crucial.
- Sorcerer: While Sorcerers may require more finesse to excel in 12-man trials, experienced players can harness their potential to become competitive DPS contributors. Sorcerers boast excellent magical damage and have access to strong damage-over-time spells. Their mobility and utility skills also aid in managing difficult mechanics during encounters.
- Warden: Wardens might not top the DPS charts, but their utility and support capabilities make them valuable additions to any trial group. They bring strong healing abilities, protective buffs, and crowd control to the table. In certain encounters, Wardens can turn the tide by providing crucial survivability and group sustain.
- Necromancer: Similar to Wardens, Necromancers may not be the highest DPS class, but their utility and support skills are highly sought after in 12-man trials. Necromancers can summon undead allies to aid the group, provide damage mitigation, and offer unique utility through their abilities. Their versatility makes them a valuable asset in a well-balanced trial team.
While our PvE tier list is based on performance and efficiency, remember that the most crucial factor is playing a class you genuinely enjoy and feel comfortable with. The Elder Scrolls Online offers a wide array of unique abilities and playstyles for each class, so don't be afraid to experiment and find the one that best suits your preferences and objectives.
Most Popular Posts
- Which are the Best Elder Scrolls Online Solo Class in 2023?
- How do players choose the best PVP set after The Elder Scrolls Online latest patch?
- ESO Bastion Nymic Guide: How to Conquer New World Event in Necrom Chapter?
- ESO Leveling Guide: Top 6 Best Methods in 2023
- ESO Endless Dungeon: Everything You Need to Know
- ESO Necrom Chapter Launch: How to start this epic adventure?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (550)
- Diablo IV / (422)
- Runescape / (250)
- Guild Wars 2 / (126)
- New World / (125)
- FFXIV / (112)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (111)
- World of Warcraft / (53)
- WOW Classic / (37)
- Elden Ring / (33)
- SWTOR / (31)
- League of Legends / (29)
- Fallout 76 / (24)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Dark and Darker / (19)
- WotLK Classic / (18)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)
- Albion / (16)