Path of Exile 3.22 Spectral Throw League Starter Deadeye Build
With Path of Exile's 3.22 update just around the corner, many players are excited to dive into a new league and experiment with different builds. If you're looking for something unique, off-meta, and a bit unconventional, then you're in for a treat. In this guide, we'll explore an alternative playstyle by focusing on the Spectral Throw skill. While the skill might not be as common as some others, it offers a refreshing and engaging experience that might just become your new favorite.
- Why Spectral Throw?
- PoB Link
- Leveling the Spectral Throw Character
- Skill Gem Setup
- Gearing Up: Day One and Beyond
- Clusters and Ascendancy
- Mapping and Beyond
- Gameplay Tips
- Leveling Up
- Final Thoughts
↖ Why Spectral Throw?
Spectral Throw is a one-of-a-kind skill that offers a fresh take on ranged combat. When using this skill, the blades of your weapon are thrown out into the distance, traveling across the screen. Unlike many other skills, these blades do not shotgun targets, meaning that hitting an enemy with multiple blades simultaneously doesn't increase damage. Instead, Spectral Throw shines when you stand at a distance from your target, allowing the blades to linger and hit multiple times.
The skill's mechanics are essential to understand: the damage is dealt at the highest point of the throw, so aiming is crucial. Also, the number of blades and their spread can be adjusted by moving your mouse closer to or farther away from your character.
↖ PoB Link
↖ Leveling the Spectral Throw Character
Leveling a Spectral Throw character can be a bit tricky, especially with the limited information available. To start, creating a Scion character is recommended as it begins with Spectral Throw and Prismatic Eclipse. This setup provides a smooth leveling experience, allowing you to tackle enemies with ease. As you progress, focus on upgrading your weapons and gaining access to damage nodes that support your chosen weapon type.
↖ Skill Gem Setup
- Act 1: Spectral Throw + Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Added Cold Damage + Sniper's Mark + Steelskin
- Act 2: Keep the same setup and add Herald of Ice
- Act 3: Keep the same setup and add Anger
As you level, adapt your skill gem setup to accommodate the changing demands of your character. Upgrade your weapon types and adjust your support gems to improve your damage output and survivability.
↖ Gearing Up: Day One and Beyond
In the early stages of the game, prioritize capping your resistances and acquiring weapons with good physical damage, attack speed, and critical chance. Leper's Alms, Heat Shiver, and Innsbury Edge are some excellent early-game choices that complement the build's mechanics.
As you progress, consider unique items like Hrimburn and Yoke of Suffering to enhance your damage and ailment effects. Aim to improve your gear by adding life, resistances, and critical stats. The end-game gear setup includes a combination of offensive and defensive items, and keep an eye out for opportunities to craft and upgrade your equipment.
↖ Clusters and Ascendancy
The build's strength truly shines when you access Clusters and Ascendancy nodes. Tailwind, Far Shot, and Focal Point are crucial to maximize your damage and mobility. The Ascendancy progression should include Tailwind, Far Shot, and Endless Munitions. Always remember to adjust your skill tree and gear to complement the Clusters and Ascendancy nodes you choose.
↖ Mapping and Beyond
Spectral Throw truly excels in mapping situations, offering fantastic clear speed and damage. However, it's important to acknowledge that this build is tailored more toward mapping than bossing. While it can handle most content, it may struggle with end-game bosses. Focus on farming and mapping, and consider other characters or builds for dedicated bossing encounters.
↖ Gameplay Tips
- Positioning is Key: Treat Spectral Throw like a ranged skill. Avoid standing too close to enemies to maximize its damage potential.
- Projectile Speed Matters: Adjust your projectile speed to control the distance your blades travel. More projectile speed makes the blades go further.
- Single Target vs. Clearing: Spectral Throw excels at clearing multiple enemies due to its pierce mechanic. For single-target damage, focus on aiming one blade at the target for optimal DPS.
- Weapon Effects: The appearance of Spectral Throw changes based on weapon effects and weapon types. Experiment to find your preferred aesthetics.
↖ Leveling Up
Starting your journey with Spectral Throw requires planning. Here's a suggested leveling path:
- Scion Start: Begin as a Scion to access Spectral Throw and Prismatic Burst early on.
- Weapon Choice: Use claws or two-handers to progress through the early acts. Claws provide additional benefits later on.
- Ability Progression: Level with Spectral Throw, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, and Added Cold Damage.
- Aura Additions: As you progress, incorporate Heralds of Ice and Anger to boost your damage output.
↖ Final Thoughts
This Spectral Throw build offers a refreshing take on Path of Exile gameplay, allowing you to experience the thrill of this unique skill. While it may not be the go-to choice for bossing, it excels in clearing maps and providing an engaging playstyle. Whether you're a seasoned player looking for a change or a newer player seeking an exciting alternative, give Spectral Throw a try in the upcoming league and embark on a different kind of adventure.
Most Popular Posts
- Poe 3.21 Builds | Crucible League Starter & EndGames Builds
- PoE 3.21 Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter Build
- POE 3.21 Arc Lightning Hierophant League Starter Build
- POE 3.21 Ultimate Forged Frostbearer Raise Spectre Necromancer Build | 100+M DPS
- Top 5 Best Ways to Get 6-Link Easily and Efficiently in POE 3.21
- How to Succeed in Path of Exile Ruthless Mode?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (556)
- Diablo IV / (424)
- Runescape / (251)
- Guild Wars 2 / (129)
- New World / (127)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (115)
- FFXIV / (113)
- World of Warcraft / (53)
- WOW Classic / (38)
- Elden Ring / (33)
- SWTOR / (31)
- League of Legends / (29)
- Fallout 76 / (24)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Dark and Darker / (20)
- WotLK Classic / (19)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)
- Albion / (16)