PoE Crafting | Path of Exile Crafting Complete Guides
Hey there, fellow Exiles! Ready to dive into the wonderful world of crafting in Path of Exile? Don't sweat it if the whole thing seems like a mystic puzzle. We are here to break it down for you, step by easy step. From basic gear improvements to crafting top-tier items, there's room for every level of crafter. Start small, experiment, and grow your skills. Who knows, you might become Wraeclast's next crafting hero!
- Basic Currency Crafting
- Item Base Crafting
- Bench Crafting
- Essence Crafting
- Fossil Crafting
- Catalyst Crafting
- Bestiary Crafting
- Influence Crafting
- Harvest Crafting
- Veiled Mods Crafting
- Closing Thoughts
Crafting Basics: Crafting is key in Path of Exile, transforming items with orbs to boost damage or defense. It's more than an extra; it's essential.
Getting Started: Already used an Orb of Transmutation or Alchemy? Great, you're crafting! These are your first steps into gear customization.
Advancing Skills: Comfortable with the basics? Dive deeper into PoE's layered crafting system. Reroll stats, target mods, and evolve at your own pace.
PoE Crafting Guide Related List:
- Making Divines with Crafting Helmets in Path of Exile
- Path of Exile Crafting Top-tier Quiver Step-by-Step Guides
- Path of Exile Crafting EndGane Best-in-Slot Discharge Gloves Guides
- How to Crafting Path of Exile Power Frenzy Charge Helmet?
- Path of Exile Crafting the Secrets of Endgame Arrow Quiver Guides
- How to Crafting Path of Exile Spark Gloves?
- PoE Bows Crafting Guide: Double Crit Multi Bow
- Path of Exile Optimizing Mana and Crafting the Perfect Sceptre Guides
- Path of Exile 3.22 Crafting God-Tier Storm Brand Helmet Guides
- Path of Exile Crafting Dual-Influence Mods with Orbs of Dominance Guides
- How to Crafting Path of Exile Sword with Divines?
- PoE Crafting Guides: How to Craft the Perfect Deck Stacking Amulet?
- Path of Exile Str-Dex Base Armor, Helmet, and Boots Crafting Guides
- Path of Exile Crafting Unique 5-Charge Ring with Hinekora's Lock Guides
- Path of Exile Crafting Mana Reservation Efficiency Cluster Jewels Guides
- PoE Crafting Guide for Lightning Strike Sorcerer Gloves
- Path of Exile Crafting Invasion Boots for Currency Profit
- Path of Exile Chaos Damage Over Time Quiver Crafting Guides
- PoE Powerful Weapon Pneumatic Dagger Crafting Guides
- Poe Crafting Guides For Crafting Boots, Amulets, Rings, Belts, And Clusters
↖ Basic Currency Crafting
The currency in Path of Exile isn't just for trading – it's the backbone of crafting. Each PoE currency item has a unique ability to modify and enhance your gear. From basic transmutations to more complex alterations, the way you use these items shapes your gear and, by extension, your gameplay experience.
- The Basics: Item Rarity and Modifiers
- Items in Path of Exile come in three main flavors: normal (white), magic (blue), and rare (yellow). Here’s what that means:
- Normal (White): These items have no modifiers.
- Magic (Blue): Can have up to one prefix and one suffix.
- Rare (Yellow): Can have up to three prefixes and three suffixes.
How to Start Crafting?
- Transmutation: Turn a white item into a blue one, giving it the chance to have one prefix and one suffix.
- Augmentation: Add a new modifier to a magic item that’s missing a prefix or suffix.
- Alteration: Reforge a blue item, randomly rolling its available modifiers.
- Regal Orb: Transform a magic item into a rare item, adding a random prefix or suffix in the process.
Activate the "Advanced Mod Descriptions" in the UI settings. This lets you see more details, like which modifiers are prefixes and suffixes, and the tiers of these modifiers.
- Exalted Orbs: An Exalted Orb adds a random prefix or suffix to a rare item, but it's precious. Use it wisely! This orb is key for crafting high-tier items, but it's also valuable for trading.
- Orbs of Scouring: A Orb of Scouring erases all modifiers from an item, turning it back to white. It's your crafting reset button, useful when things don't go as planned.
- Orb of Alchemy: An Orb of Alchemy turns a white item into a rare item with a full set of random modifiers. It's a direct way to start crafting on a rare item.
- Implicit Modifiers: Every item has an "implicit" modifier, separate from prefixes and suffixes. You can reroll this implicit value with a Blessed Orb.
- Jeweller's Orb: Changes the number of sockets.
- Orb of Fusing: Rerolls the links between sockets.
- Chromatic Orb: Changes the color of sockets.
The Exciting World of Corruptions:
A Vaal Orb corrupts an item, modifying it in unpredictable ways. It can change implicit modifiers or reroll the item entirely. But remember, once corrupted, an item can't be modified further (with few exceptions).
Orb Annulment and Chance Orbs:
- Orb of Annulment: Removes a random modifier. It's a bit of a gamble, so use it carefully.
- Orb of Chance: Upgrades a normal item to a random rarity, including the elusive unique rarity. It's the lottery of Path of Exile crafting.
↖ Item Base Crafting
In Path of Exile, your item base is as important as the currency you use to craft. Each item base (like our example here, a simple Carved Wand from Act 1) has specific attributes that influence the crafting process. So, let's get to the core of what makes an item base tick.
Remember, crafting is a blend of knowledge, strategy, and a bit of luck. Understanding your item base is the first step in crafting gear that can elevate your gameplay in Path of Exile.
What Makes Up an Item Base?
- Item Class: This identifies the category of the item, like wands, swords, etc.
- Rarity: Determines the number of modifiers an item can have (Normal, Magic, or Rare).
- Base Type: Dictates the implicit modifiers (like 11-15% spell damage for a Carved Wand).
- Item Level: Crucial for crafting, it dictates the pool of potential modifiers.
- Item level is the backbone of crafting in Path of Exile.
- It determines the range of modifiers (prefixes and suffixes) that can appear on an item.
- Higher item level means access to more powerful modifiers but also a larger pool, making it harder to hit specific mods.
Visualizing the Crafting Pool:
Imagine a pool filled with potential modifiers, where the size of the pool is defined by the item level. When crafting, you're scooping out modifiers from this pool to fill your item's prefix and suffix slots.
Item Base Crafting Strategies:
- Use Orbs of Transmutation, Alteration, and Regal Orbs to progress an item from Normal to Rare.
- Orb of Annulment can be a gamble; it removes a random modifier but can leave the item rarity unchanged.
- Orb of Chance: A wildcard, it can upgrade a normal item to any rarity, including unique.
- Exalted Orbs: Add a random modifier to a rare item. It’s a significant investment, so use it judiciously.
Weights and Modifier Groups:
- Each modifier has a 'weight' that influences its likelihood of appearing when crafting.
- Modifier groups prevent certain combinations of modifiers from appearing together, guiding your crafting strategy.
Item Crafting Example:
Let's take our Carved Wand:
- Starting Point: It's a Normal rarity, item level 13 Carved Wand.
- Crafting Goal: Aim for specific modifiers while understanding the item's constraints.
- Modifier Influence: Based on the wand's item level, we know what modifiers are possible.
Advanced Item Base Crafting Tips:
- Craft of Exile: A tool that helps you understand possible outcomes and plan your crafting strategy.
- Chromatic Orbs: Change the color of socket links, influenced by the item’s attribute requirements.
- Quality Improvements: Using Blacksmith's Whetstones or Armorer's Scraps can enhance the item's base stats.
↖ Bench Crafting
The Crafting Bench is a unique feature in Path of Exile. It doesn't directly use basic currency like Orbs, but it’s fueled by it. And where many players take their first steps into crafting, setting the stage for more complex and exciting crafting adventures. Think of it as a special station where you can add crafted modifiers to your items, giving them that extra oomph!
How Does It Work?
- Accessing the Bench: Find it in your hideout. It's like your crafting command center.
- Crafting on a White Item: If you craft on a normal (white) item, it automatically upgrades to a magic (blue) item. Fancy, right?
Master Crafted Modifiers:
- When you craft a modifier, it appears in light blue, indicating it's a bench-crafted (or master crafted) mod.
- Hold 'Alt' to see it's a crafted prefix or suffix. Remember, these crafted mods obey the same rules as regular item crafting.
- Early in the game (think Act 1-3), crafting bench is a lifesaver for boosting resistances.
- Got an item with an open suffix? Slap on some resistance!
- Costs like a transmute or a scouring orb, depending on the mod.
The Cost of Crafting:
- The price to craft varies. Some advanced mods can cost up to two Exalted Orbs!
- The bench lets you know the crafting cost upfront, so no surprises there.
Why Use the Crafting Bench?
- It's a quick way to improve gear while leveling.
- You can precisely control the mods you add, unlike random currency crafting.
- Even if you're not into hardcore crafting, using the bench makes you a crafter at heart!
- Sometimes you might see a message saying, "This item already has a mod of this type."
- This is due to mod groups. Each mod belongs to a group, and you can't have overlapping mods from the same group.
- Use tools like Craft of Exile to understand these groups better.
↖ Essence Crafting
Essence is like having a secret crafting tool up your sleeve. It's fun, effective, and can elevate your gear game significantly. Don't be shy to experiment with different essences and see how they can transform your items.
- Essence Basics: It's more than just alchemy or chaos orbs. Essences guarantee a specific property on an item, making them super handy for targeted crafting.
- Using Essences: When you slap an essence onto an item, it re-rolls it but locks in one special modifier. It's like hitting a mini-jackpot every time!
- Choosing the Right Essence: Essences come in various tiers, each offering different levels of power. For instance, a Deafening Essence of Greed guarantees that juicy high-tier life modifier you're hunting for.
- The Essence Hierarchy: Lower-tier essences upgrade normal items to rare with one guaranteed mod. Higher-tier ones, like Deafening, offer more oomph and aren't restricted by item level.
- Essence Crafting in Action: Let's say you want to craft a wand with life leech. Use a suitable essence, and bam! You get a rare item with your desired mod. It's like magic!
- Special Essences: Scorn, Envy, Misery, and Dread can be transformed using a Remnant of Corruption. These produce unique essences like Horror, Delirium, Hysteria, and Insanity.
- Unique Modifiers: These special essences grant unique mods like "Socketed Gems Deal 30% More Elemental Damage" or "Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit." Perfect for building around specific mechanics!
How to Use Essences Effectively?
- Essence as a Starting Point: Always start your crafting journey with an essence. Remember, it re-rolls the item!
- Targeted Crafting: Need a specific mod like high life on a helmet? Pick the right essence and craft away.
- Understanding Essence Tiers: Essence tiers are unique, not the usual tier 1, 2, 3, etc. They're labeled as essence-tier in item descriptions.
Essence Crafting Tips and Tricks:
- Making Money with Essences: Those fancy essences? They're not just cool for crafting; they can also fetch a pretty penny in the game's market.
- Reverse Engineering Crafts: By checking an item's mods, you can tell if it was started with essence crafting. A handy trick for the curious crafters!
↖ Fossil Crafting
Fossil crafting in Path of Exile isn't just about luck; it's about strategy, knowing your modifiers, and playing the crafting game smartly. So, grab some fossils, experiment with different combinations, and see how they can revolutionize your gear.
What Are Fossils, Anyway?
- Fossil Basics: Think of fossils as Chaos Orbs with a twist. They re-roll items but with a unique touch - they tweak the modifier pool. Some fossils increase the chance of certain mods, while others block them entirely.
- Modifying the Pool: Each fossil has its tags that influence the item's modifiers. For instance, a Jagged Fossil boosts physical mods but blocks chaos mods.
- Socketing Fossils in Resonators: Here's where it gets spicy. You can mix and match up to four fossils in resonators, each affecting the item differently. This lets you fine-tune the crafting process to target specific mods.
- Costs and Resonator Types: Starting from a single chaos for basic resonators, the cost can shoot up, especially for the four-socket ones. However, a well-combined set of fossils can nearly guarantee your desired outcome in one go!
- Fossil Crafting in Action: Let's say you're after fire mods. Slot a Scorched Fossil into a resonator, apply it to a yellow item, and voilà - fire mods galore, no cold mods in sight.
- Unique Fossils: Essences like Horror, Delirium, Hysteria, and Insanity offer unique crafting opportunities. These are obtained by using a Remnant of Corruption on specific essences found in the wild.
- Build-Defining Mods: Some fossils can add game-changing mods like "Cast Level 20 Fire Burst on Hit." These are perfect for specialized builds.
How to Use Fossils Effectively?
- Starting with Fossils: Remember, fossils completely re-roll items. So, start your crafting process with fossils to set the foundation.
- Target Crafting: If you're aiming for a specific mod, like high fire damage, fossils can be your best friend.
- Fossil Interactions: Combining different fossils can block or boost specific mods, letting you manipulate the crafting process to your advantage.
Fossil Crafting Tips and Tricks:
- Making Money with Fossils: Crafting and selling fossil-crafted items can be a lucrative business. Keep an eye out for market trends.
- Advanced Fossil Usage: Some fossils offer unique benefits, like adding abyssal sockets or targeting gem modifiers. Experiment to see what works for your build.
↖ Catalyst Crafting
Catalysts might not seem flashy, but they're crucial for fine-tuning your jewelry in Path of Exile. Whether you're looking to boost those unique ring stats or target specific mods during crafting, these little gems can make a big difference.
- What Are Catalysts? They're like the seasoning for your jewelry – rings, amulets, and belts. Each catalyst type targets specific modifiers, enhancing them by adding quality.
- Quality and Modifier Enhancement: When you apply a catalyst, it boosts the existing modifiers. For instance, if your amulet has chaos damage, using the right catalyst can increase that damage. It's like turning that 15-22 chaos damage into an 18-26 powerhouse!
- Mutual Exclusivity: Swapping one catalyst type for another? The new one replaces the old, just like swapping herbs in a recipe. Keep in mind, different catalysts enhance different stats, so choose wisely!
- Crafting with Catalysts: These nifty items come into play when you're augmenting or annulling. They up the odds of adding or retaining the boosted modifiers. Imagine you've got a ring with attribute modifiers and you're augmenting it – a catalyst will lean the scales in favor of adding another attribute mod.
- Using Catalysts Efficiently: Let's say you have a ring with one open suffix. If you've boosted attribute mods with a catalyst, augmenting it is more likely to add another attribute modifier. But remember, it's not a sure thing - just more likely.
- Annulments and Catalysts: Planning to annul? Catalysts can also make it less likely to lose the enhanced mods. It's like having a safety net while walking a crafting tightrope.
Catalysts Crafting Tips and Tricks:
- Pre-Crafting Prep: Before you start crafting, consider using catalysts. If you're eyeing specific mods like life or mana, fertile catalysts can be your best friend.
- Targeting Specific Mods: If you know you'll be exalting or annulling, prepping with the right catalyst can be crucial. It directs the crafting flow, much like how a chef uses spices to guide a dish's flavor.
- Regal Orbs and Catalysts: Just like with augmenting, using a Regal Orb on an item with catalyst quality will lean towards adding a similar type of modifier, consuming some of the quality in the process.
↖ Bestiary Crafting
Bestiary crafting might seem daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a powerful tool in your crafting arsenal. So next time you're about to chaos spam, remember – the Menagerie might just have a better solution.
- Flask Crafting: A common yet vital Bestiary craft involves adding suffixes to flasks. Imagine taking a simple flask and, with a few clicks in the Menagerie, turning it into an anti-freeze powerhouse. It's perfect for leveling up and making your journey smoother.
- Suffix-Prefix Swapping: The Ferric Lynx Alpha and Ferric Wolf Alpha beasts offer a nifty trick: they can swap suffixes for prefixes and vice versa. It's a bit like playing a card game where you can exchange a card in your hand for a potentially better one from the deck.
- Imprinting Magic Items: This one's a game-changer. By capturing and using a Craicic Chimeral, you can create an imprint of a magic item. This acts as a snapshot, allowing you to revert the item back to this state after further crafting attempts. It's like having a 'save point' in your crafting journey.
- Splitting Items: Now, this is where it gets wild. Using the Fenemal Plagued Arachnid, you can split an item into two, each with half the mods. It's a fantastic way to duplicate a valuable item, although the split items can't be split again. Think of it as cloning your favorite gear.
- Other Notable Beasts: Don't forget the other crafting options in the Menagerie. Whether it's re-rolling mod values or adding specific modifiers, the variety of beasts available can cater to a wide range of crafting needs.
Practical Uses of Bestiary Crafting:
- Crafting Flasks: Perfect for early-game crafting when you need specific flask mods to stay alive.
- Advanced Item Crafting: Utilize the suffix-prefix swap to refine high-value items without risking the loss of crucial mods.
- Creating Imprints: Ideal for high-stakes crafting, where you don't want to lose a rare mod you've worked hard to get.
- Splitting Items: Best for duplicating items with desirable mods, effectively doubling your crafting output.
Bestiary Crafting Tips and Tricks:
- Menagerie Visits: Always pop into the Menagerie now and then. You might be surprised at the crafting options available.
- Imprinting Strategy: If you're going for a tough-to-get mod, consider using an imprint to save time and resources.
- Using Split Items: Got a great item? Split it and either craft further or sell for a good profit.
↖ Influence Crafting
Influence crafting is where the big bucks are at, where risks can lead to high rewards. It’s a blend of strategy, knowledge, and a bit of luck. We're talking Synthesized, Fractured, and Influence items – the trio that can make or break your crafting dreams. Let's break down what this all means, in a way that won't break your bank (hopefully!).
- Influence Basics: When you see those snazzy wings or lightning icons on your gear, congrats, you've got an influenced item! This simply means your item's mod pool just got deeper, with some really juicy mods exclusive to that particular influence.
- Conqueror Exalts: Want to add some specific influence to your item? Use a Conqueror's Exalted Orb. But remember, it only works on items without existing influence. It's like adding a spicy flavor to your crafting recipe, but only if the dish is still plain.
- Synthesized and Fractured Items: These are unique in their own right. Synthesized items come with new base implicit mods, while Fractured items have a mod locked in forever. It's like having a secret ingredient that never changes, no matter how much you cook it.
- Combining Influences: Feeling adventurous? Use an Awakener's Orb to merge two different influences into one item. This is high-stakes crafting – you might end up with a masterpiece or a dud.
- Maven's Orb: The Maven's Orb is like a turbo booster for your influenced items. It can elevate a good mod to a great one. But it's a gamble – sometimes you boost the wrong mod, and there go your precious Exalts.
Crafting with Influence:
- Start Simple: If you're new to influence crafting, start by adding influence to a non-influenced item with a Conqueror's Exalted Orb. This expands your item's mod pool and gives you a taste of the potential.
- Focus on What Matters: When using a Maven's Orb, make sure you're targeting the mod you want to elevate. It's like playing darts – you need to aim carefully to hit the bullseye.
- Awaken Your Gear: Ready for a mix? Use an Awakener's Orb to combine influences. But be warned, it's a wild ride. You'll keep one mod from each item, but the rest is left to chance.
- Imprint Before You Leap: If you're combining a high-value item, consider creating an imprint first. This way, if the merge goes south, you can always revert back.
- Plan and Prepare: Influence crafting isn't for the faint-hearted or light-pocketed. Plan your steps, know the risks, and be prepared for some trial and error.
Pro Tips for Influence Crafting:
- Know Your Mods: Before diving in, understand what mods each influence can bring to the table. It helps to know what you're aiming for.
- Quality Matters: Use catalysts to increase the chances of hitting the mods you want when adding new mods to influenced jewelry.
- Keep an Eye on Your Wallet: Remember, this type of crafting can be expensive. Don't dive in unless you're ready to spend some Exalts.
Metacrafting is an art form in Path of Exile, requiring a blend of knowledge, strategy, and a bit of luck. While it's a costly venture, the rewards can be game-changing. So, if you're ready to take your crafting to the next level, give Metacrafting a shot.
What is Metacrafting?
Metacrafting in Path of Exile is like being a master chef in a gourmet kitchen. You've got your basic ingredients (your item and currency), but Metacrafting spices things up, allowing for more complex and targeted item enhancements.
Key Components of Metacrafting:
- Crafting Bench Mods: The heart of Metacrafting lies in special mods available at the crafting bench, like "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" or "Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers". These mods alter how other crafting methods interact with your item.
- Playing with the Rules: These special mods can protect certain aspects of your item while you reroll or add new mods. For example, using "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" and then scouring an item will only remove the suffixes, leaving the prefixes intact.
- Setting Up for Success: A common strategy involves filling up certain mod slots (like all suffixes) and then using a Metacrafting mod to target the remaining open slots. This way, you can make educated gambles on what new mods will appear.
- Cost of Crafting: Keep in mind, Metacrafting is not for the faint of heart (or wallet). Using these techniques can cost a significant amount of exalts, so it's best ventured when you're ready to invest heavily.
- Combining Mods: Mix "Can Have Three Crafted Modifiers" with other Metacrafting mods for complex builds. This opens up creative ways to craft and refine your perfect item.
- Targeting Specific Mods: Use "Cannot Roll Attack/Caster Modifiers" to block entire categories of mods. This is particularly handy when you want to avoid certain unwanted mods while exalting or rerolling.
- The Bow Crafting Trick: A unique interaction occurs with bows. If you have a bow with open prefixes and full suffixes, rolling "Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers" and then using an Exalted Orb guarantees the "Paragon's" mod (+1 level of socketed gems), as it's the only non-attack prefix for bows.
- Resource Management: Always keep an eye on your resources. Metacrafting can consume a lot of high-value currency, so it's a high-risk, high-reward scenario.
- Study and Research: Watch tutorials from experienced crafters like Elishar. Understanding their strategies provides valuable insights.
- Community Engagement: Engage with the PoE crafting community. Discussing with fellow crafters can offer new perspectives and tips.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Experiment with lower-cost crafts to get a feel for Metacrafting before diving into more expensive endeavors.
↖ Harvest Crafting
Harvest crafting can seem like a labyrinth at first glance, but once you get the hang of the basics, it's an incredibly powerful tool in your Path of Exile arsenal. Whether you're fine-tuning your resistances or aiming for that perfect mod combo, Harvest has something for everyone.
What's Harvest Crafting All About?
- Harvest Basics: It's like a gardener's dream with a twist of monster hunting. You find a Harvest in your map, slay some garden-dwelling monsters, and voilà, you've got yourself some nifty crafts.
- Craft Storage: You can store these crafts in your Harvest Crafting Station for when the crafting mood strikes. Handy, right?
- The Power and the Nerfs: Initially, Harvest was like the golden goose of crafting - add this, remove that, easy peasy. But as with all good things, it got nerfed. Now, it's a bit more about being clever with what you've got.
Key Crafts and Their Uses:
- Augment and Remove Crafts: These are rare but golden. Want to add a fire mod? You got it. Need to ditch one? Consider it done.
- Reforge Crafts: The bread and butter of Harvest. It's like a chaos orb, but with a twist. You can target specific mod groups (like fire or crit) to increase your chances of getting what you want.
- Reforge Plus: Want more of a certain mod? Use the 'Reforge Plus' for that extra chance.
- Advanced Strategies: Combining Harvest crafts with meta-mods (like "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed") unlocks a whole new world of crafting possibilities.
Common and Uncommon Harvest Crafts:
- Change Resistance Types: Handy for tweaking your resistances on gear.
- Enchant Quality on Armor/Weapons: Switch up what your quality improves, like swapping physical damage for spell damage on wands.
- Reroll Numeric Values: A free Divine Orb, essentially. Great for perfecting those stats.
- Reroll Numeric Values: A free Divine Orb, essentially. Great for perfecting those stats.
Harvest and Metacrafting:
The Real Magic: The combo of Harvest crafting and meta-mods is where the serious crafters play. It's like having a set of crafting cheat codes, but it's all about knowing when and how to use them.
Tips for Harvest Newbies:
- Start Simple: Don't dive into the deep end right away. Get comfortable with basic reforge crafts first.
- Research is Key: Read the wiki, watch tutorials (shoutout to Elishar!), and absorb as much info as you can.
- Plan Ahead: Harvest crafting can be a resource drain. Know what you're aiming for before you start tossing crafts at your gear.
↖ Veiled Mods Crafting
Veiled mods in Path of Exile are like hidden treasures in your crafting journey. With the Veiled Chaos Orb and some strategic planning, you can add powerful and unique mods to your gear. And remember, Ashling's got your back with her special slam. So, next time you're in the Betrayal league or fiddling in your hideout, give these veiled wonders a go.
What Are Veiled Mods?
- Veiled Basics: These mods have been lurking around since the Betrayal league, but guess what? They got a facelift in patch 3.14 Ultimatum, and oh boy, they're looking better than ever.
- The Old vs. New: Previously, unveiling mods from Betrayal loot gave you the same-tier mods you could craft on your bench. Now, they're like crafting steroids - stronger, better, and more special.
How to Snag These Bad Boys?
- Veiled Chaos Orb: Think of it as a chaos orb with a veil. It rerolls your item but guarantees a veiled mod from Jun's secret stash. These mods are a cut above the rest, sometimes unique and not found elsewhere.
- Ashling in Research Safehouse: Got Ashling at level three in your safehouse? After taking down Katarina, she'll grant you a veiled mod, maybe even two if the stars align.
How to Crafting with Veiled Mods?
- The Process: Use a veiled chaos orb for a full reforge plus a veiled mod. If you're eyeing a specific type (prefix or suffix), unveil it, and if it's not to your liking, just remove it as a crafted mod.
- Permanent Fixture: Once you unveil and choose a mod, it becomes a permanent part of your item - no take-backs!
Extra Tips and Tricks:
- Special Finds: Some veiled mods are real gems, like the ones granting charges or hybrid resistances. Keep an eye out for these.
- Ashling's Slam: This method can create unique rings and other items with rare combinations. Just remember, no unveiled or crafted mods allowed on the item beforehand.
- Veiled and Meta Mods Combo: Combine veiled mods with meta-crafting techniques for even more control over your item's destiny.
↖ Closing Thoughts
Hey folks, we've been on quite the crafting journey, haven't we? We hope we've managed to break down the complexities of Path of Exile crafting into bite-sized, easy-to-digest morsels. The goal was to create a guide that turns crafting newbies into savvy artisans, or at least get them on the right track without overwhelming them with too much jargon.
We really hope this PoE crafting guide sparks a crafting flame in more of you out there. It's not just great for personal progress; it enriches the whole PoE community and market. More crafters mean more cool items floating around, and that's a win for everyone.
Most Popular Posts
- Poe 3.21 Builds | Crucible League Starter & EndGames Builds
- PoE 3.21 Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter Build
- POE 3.21 Arc Lightning Hierophant League Starter Build
- Top 5 Best Ways to Get 6-Link Easily and Efficiently in POE 3.21
- POE 3.21 Ultimate Forged Frostbearer Raise Spectre Necromancer Build | 100+M DPS
- How to Succeed in Path of Exile Ruthless Mode?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (659)
- Diablo IV / (605)
- Runescape / (288)
- New World / (157)
- Guild Wars 2 / (147)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (129)
- FFXIV / (122)
- World of Warcraft / (65)
- WOW Classic / (41)
- Elden Ring / (40)
- SWTOR / (35)
- WoW Classic SOD / (30)
- League of Legends / (30)
- Dark and Darker / (28)
- Fallout 76 / (27)
- WotLK Classic / (23)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)