How to Effectively Killing Rune Dragons in Old School RuneScape
In this guide, we'll cover how to effectively kill Rune Dragons in Old School RuneScape. Rune Dragons are high-level metal dragons with valuable drops. We'll discuss the gear, strategy, and potential rewards from killing these dragons.
- What Are Rune Dragons
- Why Kill Rune Dragons
- Gear Setup
- How to Get to Rune Dragons
- Combat Strategy
- Rewards and Drops
- Experience and Profit
↖ What Are Rune Dragons
Rune Dragons are formidable foes that become accessible after completing the Dragon Slayer II quest. They are located on Lithkren, west of Fossil Island. These dragons have high defense and health, making them challenging but rewarding targets.
↖ Why Kill Rune Dragons
Rune Dragons drop valuable loot, with an average kill worth around 32,000 GP. Each kill guarantees a Rune Bar and Dragon Bones, which alone provide a significant profit. In addition, there are various other drops, including valuable items like dragon armor pieces, runes, and more.
↖ Gear Setup
For the best chance of success, use the following gear setup:
- Helm: Neitiznot Faceguard or Slayer Helmet (on-task)
- Cape: Fire Cape
- Amulet: Amulet of Torture or Salve Amulet (ei)
- Weapon: Dragon Hunter Lance
- Body: Bandos Chestplate
- Legs: Bandos Tassets
- Shield: Dragon Defender
- Gloves: Ferocious Gloves
- Boots: Insulated Boots (to reduce dragonfire damage)
- Ring: Ring of Suffering (i)
- Inventory: Super Combat Potions, Extended Super Antifire Potion, Prayer Potions, high-healing food (e.g., Sharks or Manta Rays), and a teleport option.
↖ How to Get to Rune Dragons
To access Rune Dragons, you need a Digsite Pendant. Use it to teleport to the dungeon entrance. Once inside, head north, climb down the stairs, and proceed past obstacles until you reach the room with Rune Dragons.
↖ Combat Strategy
- Drink Super Combat and Extended Super Antifire Potions.
- Activate Protect from Magic and Piety prayers.
- Enter the room and start attacking the Rune Dragon.
- Monitor your health and eat when necessary.
- Use high-healing food and Prayer Potions to sustain yourself.
- Continue attacking and looting until the dragon is defeated.
- Bank regularly to restock supplies and continue the kills.
↖ Rewards and Drops
- Guaranteed Drops: Rune Bar and Dragon Bones.
- Notable Drops: Dragon armor pieces, Rune equipment, runes, herbs, dragonstones, and more.
- Rare Drops: Dragon Limbs (1/800), Dragon Metal Lump (1/5,000), Dragon Visage (1/8,000).
↖ Experience and Profit
Expect around 1 kill per minute on average.
During a one-hour session, you could achieve approximately 40-60 kills.
This could result in about 1.2 to 1.8 million OSRS GP in loot.
Combat experience will vary, but you can gain substantial experience in Attack, Strength, Defense, and Hitpoints.
Rune Dragon killing is moderately AFK, around 6 out of 10 on the AFK scale. While it's relatively relaxed, staying attentive to health and combat is important to avoid deaths.
Killing Rune Dragons in OSRS can be a profitable venture with consistent drops and valuable loot. The process requires decent combat gear, proper supplies, and active management, making it a rewarding yet moderately AFK activity. With practice, you can master the technique and maximize your profit and experience gains.
Most Popular Posts
- Which are the Most useful OSRS RuneLite Plugins?
- Old School Runescape Combat Achievements Diary Tasks Guide
- Runescape 3 Necromancy Guide: How to quickly upgrade from level 1 to level 120?
- How to Kill More OSRS Revenant Knights?
- Old School Runescape Easy Collection Log Slots Guides
- How to make OSRS Gold in free-to-play by burning food?
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (556)
- Diablo IV / (424)
- Runescape / (251)
- Guild Wars 2 / (129)
- New World / (127)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (115)
- FFXIV / (113)
- World of Warcraft / (53)
- WOW Classic / (38)
- Elden Ring / (33)
- SWTOR / (31)
- League of Legends / (29)
- Fallout 76 / (24)
- Genshin Impact / (22)
- Dark and Darker / (20)
- WotLK Classic / (19)
- Last Epoch / (18)
- GTA 5 / (18)
- Throne and Liberty / (16)
- Albion / (16)