Pokemon GO The Rising Shadows Event Guides
The Rising Shadows Event has begun worldwide in Pokemon Go, and in this guide, we will provide you with all the tips and tricks you need to make the most of this event. Please note that this guide assumes you have basic knowledge of the game mechanics and features.
- Event Duration
- Increased Team GO Rocket Encounters
- Shadow Mewtwo
- Shadow Raids
- Purified Shards and Purified Gems
- Wild Spawns
- Exclusive Research
- Master Ball
↖ Event Duration
The event runs from May 22nd at 10 a.m. to May 28th at 8 p.m. local time.
↖ Increased Team GO Rocket Encounters
- Team GO Rocket will appear more frequently at PokéStops and in balloons during this event.
- Balloons will appear every three hours, allowing you to encounter Team GO Rocket members.
- Combat encounters at PokéStops will also be more frequent.
- Frustration cannot be removed during this event.
↖ Shadow Mewtwo
Shadow Mewtwo will be available in Shadow Raids from May 27th at 10 a.m. to May 20th at 8 p.m.
Please note that Shadow Raids require in-person Raid Passes and cannot be accessed remotely.
↖ Shadow Raids
- One-Star Shadow Raids: Poliwag, Machop, Bellsprout, and Beldum.
- Three-Star Shadow Raids: Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw, and Sneasel.
- Shadow Pokémon caught from raids during this event will have a minimum IV floor of 6/6/6.
- Weather boost does not affect the IVs of Shadow Pokémon.
Three-star and five-star Shadow Raids introduce a new feature called "In-Raid Shadows." When a Shadow Raid's HP reaches half, the Pokémon becomes enraged, increasing its attack and defense. You can use a Purified Gem to remove this bonus and make the battle easier.
↖ Purified Shards and Purified Gems
- Purified Shards can be obtained by defeating Team GO Rocket Grunts, Leaders, Giovanni, or by completing a Shadow Raid.
- Combining four Purified Shards creates one Purified Gem.
- You can hold up to 10 Purified Gems at a time.
- Purified Shards will not drop if your item bag is full, so ensure you have enough space.
↖ Wild Spawns
- Increased spawns of Ekans, Golbat, Koffing, Houndour, Poochyena, Skunky, Skorupi.
- Rare spawns include Heracross, Quilfish, and Scraggy.
- One-Star Raids: Clefairy, Tentacool, Marill, Skrelp, Popplio.
- Three-Star Raids: Magneton, Lapras, Mawile, Napoleon.
- Five-Star Raid: Tapu Fini (until May 24th, then switches to Regigigas).
- Mega Raids: Mega Pinsir (until May 24th, then switches to Mega Altaria). The Mega Pinsir raid also offers an exclusive avatar pose, the Rising Hero Pose, available for purchase in the shop.
↖ Exclusive Research
In-field research tasks include defeating two Team GO Rocket Leaders for a Mysterious Component, catching 10 Poison-type Pokémon for 500 Stardust, catching 10 Dark-type Pokémon for 500 Stardust, and winning a raid for 1000 Stardust.
The last two pages of the Let's Go Season Special Research will be unlocked during this event. Complete it to obtain the Master Ball.
↖ Master Ball
- The Master Ball can be obtained by completing the Let's Go Season Special Research.
- The Master Ball guarantees a catch and cannot be missed. It has a unique animation.
- Use the Master Ball wisely, such as on rare or difficult-to-catch Pokémon like the Legendary Birds.
Most Popular Posts
- All 4 locations of research stations in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet
- Peridot: Peridot: The new game of Pokemon-Go
- Pokemon Confirms Ash Is Sticking To the Anime
- Pokemon GO Fest 2023 Guide: New Pokemon, Features, and Shiny Predictions
- Minecraft Pokemon Pixelmon Easy Catching and Building Guides
- Pokemon Unite could have a new game mode soon, another new Pokemon joked
Popular Category Lists
- Path of Exile / (311)
- Runescape / (150)
- Diablo IV / (146)
- Elder Scrolls Online / (67)
- FFXIV / (66)
- Guild Wars 2 / (63)
- New World / (57)
- SWTOR / (26)
- League of Legends / (21)
- Elden Ring / (20)
- Fallout 76 / (18)
- World of Warcraft / (17)
- WOW Classic / (16)
- GTA 5 / (16)
- Albion / (16)
- Last Epoch / (15)
- Throne and Liberty / (13)
- Genshin Impact / (13)
- Pokemon / (12)
- Escape From Tarkov / (10)